Keeping abreast of developments in procurement law can be difficult, but mistakes can be time consuming and costly. Our team of procurement lawyers can help you get the right result, offering practical advice and reducing your risks and costs.
Whether you need to draft an OJEU notice or an ITT, advice on procurement strategy for a project, or guidance on how to bring or resolve a procurement challenge, we provide a comprehensive service covering all stages of the procurement lifecycle.
We work for a diverse range of clients across a number of sectors – including health, education, technology, construction, projects, government, energy and third sector – for contracting authorities, utilities and suppliers alike. We provide real insight and expertise, drawing on our depth and breadth of experience to provide balanced procurement advice. Here are some examples of the kind of work we do:
- Leading the field with our contentious practice, acting for claimants in the high profile and successful challenge brought against the Lord Chancellor (Ministry of Justice)/Legal Aid Agency in relation to its procurement of criminal legal aid and duty solicitor contracts. This challenge ultimately led to the Government’s decision to scrap its controversial policy for a two-tier contracting arrangement for criminal legal aid.
- Advising the Ministry of Defence on all aspects of a £1.5 billion project for the outsourcing of the all soft FM services across their entire estate. This is the part of a series of high profile MoD projects targeted at saving costs by “working smarter” through enhanced delivery of process services.
- Supporting the British Universities Finance Directors Group (the representative body for finance/procurement staff from most higher education institutions in the UK) with a comprehensive package of training focussing on the transition to the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Advising the Financial Conduct Authority on the business-critical (competitive dialogue) procurement of an outsourced market data processing solution.
- Advising NHS East Staffordshire Clinical Commissioning Group on an innovative competitive dialogue procurement to identify a prime provider (Virgin Care was the winning bidder) to deliver transformational service change under the Improving Lives Plan (aimed at improving patient care and experience for patients with long term health conditions and frail, older people) with a value of £280 million over 7 years.
- Advising the University of Bournemouth on a £100 million construction project to include a facility of health and social care, a student hub and up to 1000 student residences.
We are proud of our client service. We know that up to date knowledge of the law is not enough – we are a hands-on, dedicated team with a pragmatic approach and a commitment to fairness and transparency on costs. We provide advice that is clear and easy to understand, as well as giving you with the tools and knowledge you need to save money, manage your risks and do your own job more effectively.