We’re pleased to invite you to the next session in our series of “Five in Twenty Five” webinars on 9th November, 10.00 - 10.30 am.
This series will continue every couple of months throughout 2022 and into 2023, covering the whole arc of a procurement process, from pre-procurement, through choice of procedure and advertisement, to selection, evaluation, award and challenges. If you’ve missed one, you can find recordings of all our previous webinars here.
Our November webinar will focus on the topic: “Preparing a Public Contract”.
The ultimate aim of a public procurement process is to enter into a high-quality, robust public contract which stands up to scrutiny and is fit for purpose – without creating unnecessary legal risk.
In this webinar Kevin Calder (partner), Claire Gamage (principal associate) and Jenny Beresford-Jones (senior legal adviser) will look at some of the key issues/risks around drafting public contracts and how you might go about dealing with these.
The five questions we will focus on are :
- Question 1: Which form of public contract should I use?
- Question 2: Do I need to tailor/complete the contract prior to issuing it as part of the procurement documents?
- Question 3: Should we let tenderers amend the contract we have published as part of the procurement process?
- Question 4: The journey from tender to contract – how do I “contractualise” the winning bid?
- Question 5: What should I do if a bidder insists on contracting on its own standard terms and conditions?
To book your place, please click here. A recording of the webinar will be circulated after the event to all registrants.
And finally, if you are interested in procurement law reform, a reminder that you can visit www.procurementportal.com/reform where you’ll find all our latest materials and recordings on the Procurement Bill.
We hope you can join us on 9th November!