We’re pleased to invite you to the next session in our series of “Five in Twenty Five” webinars.
These webinars take place every couple of months and cover the whole arc of a procurement process, from pre-procurement, through choice of procedure and advertisement, to selection, evaluation, award and challenges. If you’ve missed any in 2022, you can find recordings of all our previous webinars here.
Our January 2023 webinar will focus on the topic: “Dealing With Procurement Challenges”.
As procurement lawyers, our efforts are often focussed on helping contracting authorities to avoid a procurement challenge and to run lawful, effective and successful procurement processes which are felt to be fair and transparent by the bidder market.
Inevitably, however, procurement processes are sometimes challenged, and all contracting authorities need to be well placed to know what to do if this situation arises. Private sector providers should also be aware of the nuances of a public procurement challenge.
In this webinar, Helen Prandy (Principal Associate), Shailee Howard (Principal Associate) and Jenny Beresford-Jones (Senior Legal Advisor) will look at some of the key questions associated with a procurement challenge and offer some practical tips as to how you might go about dealing with these.
The five questions we will focus on are:
- Question 1: A bidder is threatening to challenge a procurement. Could we argue that they are “out of time”?
- Question 2: We’ve been notified that a bidder has issued a claim form against us in the High Court challenging a contract award decision - can we proceed to sign the contract?
- Question 3: If a claim is successful, what potential remedies (and other consequences) should we prepare ourselves for?
- Question 4: We’ve received a letter from a disgruntled bidder. What steps do we need to take?
- Question 5: What is the impact of the Procurement Bill on procurement challenges and remedies?
To book your place at 10am on 12 January 2023, please click on this link. If you can't make that time, do please still register as a recording of the webinar will be circulated after the event to all registrants.
And finally, if you are interested in procurement law reform, a reminder that you can visit www.procurementportal.com/reform where you’ll find all our latest materials and recordings on the Procurement Bill.
If you have accessibility needs or require any adjustments to enable you to take part in the webinar, please let us know here.
We hope you can join us on 12th January 2023 @ 10am.